The Scotland 5G Centre Website Privacy Notice
The Scotland 5G Centre (‘S5GC’) is hosted by The University of Strathclyde, a data controller under data protection legislation.
The University of Strathclyde is committed to transparency and to complying with its responsibilities under data protection legislation. This privacy notice sets out important information regarding how we will use your information and your rights under the legislation.
The University is required to be transparent as to how it processes personal data. This notice is intended to meet those transparency requirements and to ensure that all website users understand how their data will be used.
Who will process my personal information?
Under data protection legislation the University is the ‘data controller’. This means that the University is responsible for how it uses and processes your personal data and for responding to requests from you in relation to your personal data.
How we use your information
We have set out below: how and why we will use your information; where we obtain your data; how we will use your information; and who it is shared with. For each type of processing we are required to identify our ‘lawful basis for processing’ – see Appendix 1.
This notice covers personal data collected via the S5GC’s website (www.scotland5gcentre.org). This website is used to showcase the work of the S5GC, promote news, events and funding opportunities and capture contact details for audiences who are interesting in finding out more about us or working with us. These are:
- Employees of Civic organisations (Government, Local Authority, Health Board, Third sector)
- Commercial industry (SME, Mid-Cap, Corporate)
- Academic institutions (Higher education, Further education)
- Citizens (potential end users of 5G)
If you engage with the S5GC for other purposes via our website e.g. to attend an event, you will be provided with a more detailed privacy notice in relation to that event or other activity. This is to increase transparency and to ensure you understand how your information will be used. Any additional privacy notices supplement this central notice.
Your details (First name, Surname, Email address and Organisation) may also be shared with third party software/ platforms that are used by S5GC to carry out its daily business. These may include but are not limited to Eventbrite (to manage events) and Mailchimp (to send personalised and targeted email communications).
If you have any queries regarding the use of your personal data via the website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The S5GC will send out occasional e-newsletters that contains news, events and funding opportunities from across the sector. By signing up to our newsletter you confirm you want to receive this information. The S5GC uses the data captured in our sign-up form to do this. We may use your First Name to personalise the email and we use the email address submitted to distribute the newsletter directly to you.
Social media, mailing and event applications
Please see the privacy policies for information on how they process personal data:
Links to other websites
Is my data secure?
Your personal data will be managed securely. Access will be restricted to only those staff who require it and on a ‘need to know’ basis. The University will employ any technical and organisational measures necessary to protect your data.
How long will we keep your personal data?
When we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, our data will either be deleted or anonymised.
You have the right to:
- Find out what personal data we process about you and obtain a copy of the data, free of charge within one month of your request. We may make a charge for additional copies of the same information
- Ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete data
- Withdraw consent to process your personal data at any time, if you were asked for and provided
If you think we are acting unfairly or unlawfully you can:
- Object to the way we are using your data; and
- Complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Under certain conditions you also have the right to ask us to:
- Restrict the use of your data e.g. if you have raised issues about the accuracy or use of your personal data, until we have investigated and responded to your concerns
- Erase your information or tell us to stop using it to make decisions about you; and
- Comply with your wishes where you have previously agreed to us processing your data for a particular purpose and have withdrawn your consent to further processing
Please contact us if you wish to exercise/ enquire about any of these rights.
Data Protection Officer
University of Strathclyde
Information Governance Unit
16 Richmond Street
Phone: 0141 548 3217
To find out more about data protection and your rights please see:
|Category of processing||Lawful basis for personal data||Lawful basis for special category data (if applicable)|
|Managing and processing profile interests for future opportunities||Legitimate interests: to provide relevant information to an individual|
|Managing and responding to enquiries from visitors||Legitimate interests: to provide requested information to an individual|
|Administration of user accounts||Legitimate interests|
|Use of social media management tool to analyse data and manage content.||Consent|