Helping you reap the benefits of 5G
5G could change the way we work, learn, connect, travel and play. So much so that enhanced digital connectivity could add up to £17 billion to Scotland’s GDP by 2035, according to Deloitte.
We at the Scotland 5G Centre are helping make this happen. We’re working with businesses, academics, policymakers, funders and investors, in Scotland, the rest of the UK and beyond, to:
- drive 5G development, demonstration and commercialisation, including through our own 5G projects and in key sectors
- foster service innovation and cross-industry collaboration, going beyond traditional suppliers
- work together to identify opportunities and build consortia on projects and bids
- develop policy and practical solutions
- share and extend knowledge and skills
By engaging with us, you can be part of this ecosystem.
Through our events and connections, you can meet 5G researchers, potential project and consortium partners, policymakers and innovation organisations.
In addition, through our S5GConnect activity, we’re building an ecosystem around specific themes and sectors:
- economic development
We’ll update you on opportunities to work with ourselves or others, gain 5G insights or contribute to policy development or practical solutions. We’ll also tell you about opportunities to speak, exhibit or pitch at events, and any openings linked to our 5G projects.
We keep you up to date on 5G activity in Scotland and offer articles on key 5G topics. You can also share your own 5G knowledge through blogs on our website or by telling us about your projects.