Discover the projects driving 5G rollout nationwide
Scotland has a growing reputation as a place to deploy and adopt 5G technologies, with a number of significant advantages and attractions:
- universities doing world-class 5G research
- a mix of urban and rural environments providing ideal testbed opportunities
- a track record of innovation
- strengths in multiple end-use sectors, from healthcare to rural
- a public sector committed to embracing the possibilities of 5G
The Scotland 5G Centre is seeking to build on the enhanced connectivity being delivered by 5G projects and pilots to create an infrastructure that supports fantastic new opportunities for Scotland’s economy and society, including high performance sensor technology, augmented and virtual reality (AR / VR) and AI.
5G Activity in Scotland
Use our 5G map to find out about projects (including projects we kicked off ourselves) across the nation to accelerate 5G adoption and roll-out.
Projects involve a mix of industry, academic and public sector partners, working together to explore how 5G can be deployed and used.GO TO MAP